Factors that influence new roof costs
When we arrive at your house to provide you with an estimate, we consider several factors that may increase or decrease the cost of your project. Pricing will vary based on the height and size of your house, the shape and slope of your roof, and the type of roof shingles you choose. Here's a few things to keep in mind:
Your estimate may be higher when:
- Your home has multiple stories.
- The roof has a steep pitch.
- The roof is complex, has multiple gable roofs, or has numerous roof areas.
- You select higher-quality architectural or luxury roof shingles for your roof.
- You choose a premium underlayment.
- Sections of the roof underlayment (the plywood decking) are deteriorated and must be replaced.
- Multiple layers of roof shingles must be removed before installing the new roof.
- A significant storm has recently struck Central Illinois, and our teams are working overtime to quickly repair numerous damaged roofs.
You'll get competitive pricing, a quick response, and great service
Your roof replacement cost will depend on the size and complexity of your roof, repairs required, and the quality of the replacement shingles. An average 1,500-square-foot residential roof replacement in Central Illinois will cost around $5,625. Of course no house is "average."
Your estimate may be lower when:
- You have a single-story home.
- The roof has a standard pitch.
- A layover is possible—existing shingles do not need to be removed.
- Your plywood underlayment is in good condition.
- You select standard-quality roofing materials.
- The roof is easily accessible.
- Your roof is replaced during our slower season—from December through February.